Monday, July 26, 2010

Drama Council Is Where The Cool People Are



I haven't updated the old blog in a while. Mainly because my internet went crazy and I couldn't get it fixed until this last sunday... but now it is back, and I'm updating my nerdy blog in glorious 1080 p. (Nerd Jokes.)

So what's new in the life of Brandon Prows since I last updated my blog? Mainly just Drama Council. If you are not yet aware of the fact that I am now involved in the drama program at Provo High, then now is the time for us to change that. John Lennon rules.

I have been into the whole acting thing my entire life. (Although most of it was in film.) Now that I've settled into my senior year of high school, I've decided to take a leap of faith and go into the drama business. Sure, the kids in the drama program are weird; but so am I, and for the most part, I get along with all of them. I think it's about time that I stop ignoring the fact that I am on Drama Council, and take this moment to talk about each person individually on Drama Council.

Brian Wing


Brian is our loyal leader in Drama Council. He is the president, and a mighty good one. He is in charge of EVERYTHING, and we have to do his bidding/evil deeds. He's the one on top, the only person with more power is Mr. Bauer... when you think about it, that's kind of scary, since he is Brian, and Mr. Bauer is Mr. Bauer. But we all have good faith in him. All of our meetings are held in secret at his house, and it's really nice of him (and his parents) to put up with us coming over to his house all the time and staying all day... because our Drama Council meetings sometimes go from 10:00 am to 5:30 pm... Wow. Great guy, huh?


Abi Roundy


The charming Abi Roundy is our Vice-President. She's a lovable and very kind person. I personally think that Abi is the nicest person on earth. The only problem Abi and I have is the fact that she doesn't let me take pictures of her... ever. This picture is a one in a million shot. She never lets me or anyone else take pictures of her. My goal is to have her let me take pictures of her by the end of the year... but that's like trying to get penguin to fly.

McKenna Austin


This is McKenna. She's the... uh... to be honest, I don't remember what position she has on Drama Council. But! She's a very valuable member of Council. We all value her ideas and opinions. The only problem I have with McKenna is that she's even worse than Abi when it comes to allowing me to take pictures of her. Mind you, taking pictures IS MY JOB. (I'm not a creeper!) Almost nobody on Drama Council allows me to do my job... McKenna is very nice, and she likes to hit me when I take pictures of her. Just so everyone knows, I didn't take this picture of her. (I stole it from her facebook because I have no pictures of her.)

Kenzie Nelson


It may look like Kenzie allowed me take this picture of her, but she actually didn't. I snapped this shot when she was laughing and had her eyes closed! Kenzie is our Secretary on Drama Council, and is without a doubt THE WORST person on Council when it comes to taking pictures. Yes, even worse than McKenna... Kenzie and I fight every Council over pictures. I don't think that she realizes that I would leave her alone if she would just let me take ONE picture of her... it makes me frustrated. Luckily though, Kenzie is one of my most favorite people on the planet. So that equals out my... frustration.

Maren Wilson

Maren was the historian last year. She has a new position this year, and once again, I don't know what it is. Maren has one of my favorite smiles. She is also one of the only people on Council that lets me take pictures of her. Thank goodness for people like Maren. Maren also always smiles for the camera, and she and I get along very well. Maren is definitely one of my favorite people on Council. Her bright personality prevents us all from wanting to tear each other in half. Note, the dog that Maren is holding is our Drama Council mascot, Dexter. He's named after the TV show Dexter. He's Brian's dog.

Melissa Howarth

Melissa is our Spirit Chair person... or some weird title like that. She's not only the most enthusiastic person on Drama Council, but she's also the worst psychiatrist on earth... by the end of our session, her conclusion on me was that I am a failure at life. (Thanks.) Melissa is like Maren, and she lets me take pictures of her for the sake of the job of the Historian. She also has an incredible talent/hobby of making things out of duct tape. She can make rings, bags, underwear, you name it. Strange talent, but definitely awesome.

Jewell Ridd

For some reason this is the only picture I have of JC... Her name is Jewell, but we call her JC. She has some important position on Drama Council... yes, I forgot it. (I suck.) JC is one of the good guys, and she allows me to take a picture of her. She even smiles for them every single time. More people (Kenzie) should be like JC and smile for the camera. Like Kenzie, JC is one of my most favorite people. She's also a hard worker on Council, and she and Kenzie makes sure that me and Brian don't get too off topic. (Which happens a lot.) She'll take all of our notes and completely redo them so that they all work together better. She's a valuable member of our Council, and we probably wouldn't have half of our work done without her.

-

So, that's everybody on Drama Council. (Not counting me. I don't like to talk about myself.) You can expect me to be updating my blog frequently with news on what's going on in Drama Council, or just in the Drama program at Provo High. So until I update my blog again, here are some pictures of some of our meetings for everyone to enjoy.


This is Brian playing with a voo doo doll...


As you can tell by this picture, Jewell is always incredibly excited to be at our Council meetings.

Maren and I smile for the camera.

These notes show how much work we actually get done in a our meetings...


This incredible duct tape ring is a great example of how talented Melissa is. She sells rings and other things made out of duct tape every Saturday at the Farmer's Market.

Drama Council has been a lot of fun so far. I can say that people can expect some huge things this year from Drama. Especially regarding the Murder Mystery Dinner.... it's going to be epic. So until then, stay tuned on my nerdy blog!

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo!



1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! I also am into drama. Small world. XD

    The people you show here remind a lot of the ones I have been involved with in theatre. Thespians rule! ha ha By the way, that's a fancy name for Actors/Actresses. :D

    That duct tape ring is AMAZING!! I love making things with duct tape, but I've never made anything that cool. I wish I lived in Utah where I could go buy one!

    ~Raven

    ReplyDelete